Connect the optics system
Step 1: Optic cables assembly
- You will need both PD cables (dark bulbs) and IR cable (clear bulb).
- Insert the connector of either PD cable into PD channel 1 (labelled on the faceplate)
- Place the connector of the other PD cable into PD channel 2.
- Insert the connector of the IR cable into channel A (labelled on the faceplate).
Step 2: Inserting the bulbs into the vial holder
- Insert the bulb of the PD cable in channel 2 into the pocket labeled 90°.
- Bend the bulb's leads 90 degrees, as seen. Secure with a LED pocket caps.
- Insert the bulb of the IR cable in channel A into the pocket labeled IR. Bend the leads 90 degrees.
- Insert the bulb of the PD cable in channel 1 into the pocket labeled REF. Orient the bulb such that when bent, it does not interfere with the IR LED bulb. Bend the leads 90 degrees.
Step 3: Add the rest of the pocket caps
- Push all remaining LED pocket caps onto each pocket.
- Insert your vial into your Pioreactor.
- Your Pioreactor assembly is complete! 🚀
- Next: begin installing the software.